ART Costing Tool Crosswalk: Peds Target Setting Tool 2010 (Peds 2010)
Peds Target Setting Tool 2010 (Peds 2010)
- Uses historical data (demand for drugs, ages of the patients, HIV epidemiological data) to estimate future demand.
- The tool looks at the past two years of data and projects linear, optimistic, or pessimistic scenarios.
Determines targets to be set for the number of pediatric patients on ART, and forecasts and quantifies corresponding drug requirements.
- How many people will require ART in the upcoming year and what quantities of drugs should be procured to support them?
- What if the scale-up is linear, optimistic (a defined percent increase over the linear), or pessimistic (a defined percent decrease below the linear)?
Calculates monthly enrollment estimates, choosing one of four scale-up scenarios: linear, optimistic (a defined percent increase over the linear), pessimistic (a defined percent decrease below the linear), or completely user-defined
- A very simplified model
- No direct costing element built into the model, although ARV unit costs can be input to calculate ARV procurement costs
- Not publicly available
Contact(s) for More Information